I am Assistant Professor of Gerontology and Neuroscience at the University of Southern California. My formal training is in biophysics, computer science and mathematics, and I use neuroimaging techniques to study the following broad topics:
(1) traumatic brain injury (TBI) in older adults
(2) reorganization of the connectome after brain injury
(3) the relationship between TBI and dementia
(4) aging and TBI effects upon brain function
(5) brain aging in atypical populations (the Tsimane)
Feel free to browse this website for additional details about my research. If you are interesting in pursuing postdoctoral research studies with me, please send me your CV at the address below and briefly describe your research interests.
© Andrei Irimia, Ph.D. (2000-present)